
Its going to be 90 in Oregon today: WHY WHY WHY?
Its fine, it does mean that Monsoon Season is delayed a bit, HOWEVER, I am getting a little tired of summer...
ALL the kids are out on our street and that is fine, Spencer has a riot. But there are these four little girls that just STALK me (Twins Brittany & Briana, and sisters Maddie and Erin - AKA= M,E & B squared). They are the sweetest girls but whenever they see me out they head right over, and they all want to tell me about their dancing classes and gymnastics classes and their recitals, and do their dances for me on the lawn and ask me funny questions and give me a LOT of unsolicited hair and fashion advice, (not a bad thing actually) and ask me what I am having for dinner, etc.
Yesterday they were ALLLLL here and while I sat on the porch they put on a what they called a "Ballet Opera" on my front lawn. I was the audience. The twins (who are so identical that even their parents cannot tell them apart) were flowers, one other girl was "the farmer" and then the last girl was the "mean wolf." They made Spencer do the Special Effects by misting them with the hose. There was no music but choeography alone took 90 minutes. Then they would do part of it, stop and explain what they were doing and then continue A lot of times they would start from the beginning and say "OK, this is the real thing now." and then they would of course stop in the middle, change something, and then start over. Sometimes Amy the dog ran through "the stage" and that would cause a re-start. At one point she was going to have a part, but that did not work out due to her being uncooperative.
The whole ordeal took about 4 hours on the porch. I was busy pureeing squash (to hide in Spencer's food so he will get SOME vegetables in his diet - yes the Jessica Seinfeld Cookbook), and putting it in individual bags to freeze, also bagging up pretzels and veggies for lunches etc so i did not mind, I guess. Bill came out with the snow cone thing we bought while on the Goat Farm and made them all snow cones for Intermission. It was okay, but GAWD, it went on for HOURS and after it I realized a few things. Spencer may drive me INSANE but I am so GLAD he is a boy, and that I have only ONE KID. Those girls are CRAZY. They are very very creative and fun but they were so nutty, so spastic, and they talk NON STOP.
The Ballet Opera involved Ballet, jazz and a few gymnastics moves. The mean wolf was on rollerblades. Not sure what the hose was for. They are all so good, I mean really really great at all the stuff they did. They wereflipping and tumbling and twirling allll over the place. At one point they wanted have costumes but they did not so they told me: "Okay you have imagine that I am in a pink sparkly dress with little flowers right here..." and then they allll argued about who was going to wear which imaginary sparkly outfit. That killed about a half an hour. By then end I was just DIZZY, and I wonder why they always choose me, why they always hang around ME??? How did I get so lucky?
One time I tried to ditch them by saying that I had to start dinner. They followed me into the house and critiqued what I was having for dinner. I told them a few things and started making them and they would say " Welll that's okay, but what will you have for a vegetable course? You need to have a vegetable, too...."
They drive me insane. I think they missed me, because I was gone for 504 days. Bill calls them my "Groupies." I love them all but they are sooooo crazy. Everyone of our neighbors, if they are talking to me say, "Well, you had better get going, I think I see your groupies coming out."
I have no idea why they like to talk to me... maybe I remind them of their grandmas or maybe their crazy Aunts? I dunno. Maybe because I listen to them. They tell me all about thier Halloween costumes, their dance classes stuff like this. I like them all, and when they are a little older I know I will not have a problem finding a babysitter, but for now I am kind of looking forward to the END of summer here on Sycamore Street. They are driving me a little batty. They ring the doorbell and Spencer says "Mommy, your friends are here..." hahahah and I think, yeah I am freinds with four 9 year olds. Alllrighty then.
I should have taken some pics of the Ballet Opera. It was quite something.
Monday, September 29, 2008
A Day with The Groupies
Posted by
tydwbleach
at
12:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ha ha! You are right, I think it is because you LISTEN. Groupies, I am laughing at the vision, but now you know how Andy Warhol felt.
yeah I mean they go ON AND ON about gymnastics and dance and High School Musical (some show I guess - never seen it) and I listen to them.
Somewhere, in the great beyond, my mother is laughing at me.. hahah because she used to tell me that I NEVER EVER stopped talking. I drover her INSANE.
Oh I was gonna send you that Chicken Paprikash recipe too. Forgot. I'll post it
Post a Comment