
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080927/ap_on_en_mo/obit_newman_32
Well this was very sad news, and not quite a surprise, since news of his illness was leaked over and over. However I am glad for once that he decided to not spend his final days on Jay Leno, yukking it up on the couch etc. Paul Newman was not only a great actor but also gave millions of dollars to charities by selling his delicious salad dressing and pasta sauce, among other things. He was just awesome and I'd like to write something profound and deep but it all sounds so contrived and feeble. I think I will just say that he will be missed.
Feel free to comment on what your favorite Paul Newman Movie was....
Mine was Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
He was amazing in it.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Goodbye Paul Newman.
Posted by
tydwbleach
at
2:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Cool Hand Luke.
He was simply so good in that movie, no one else could have played that part.
color of money, without a doubt
"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned."
the part he played in Cars was sooo funny (Doc, the husdon hornet). He alwys knoew how to laugh at himself. He will be missed.
I also liked The Verdict and I loved him in all the ones mentioned... however I cannot watch Cool Hand Luke That scene where he eats all those eggs. God it makes me really queasy....YIKES
ha ha! No body can eat 50 eggs!
I have never seen the Verdict.
Actually my fav quote from CHL is:
"Calling it your job don't make it right, Boss."
A few years back, he and Mario Andretti rented out the Speedway close to my hometown, and would patronize the town when they came through. Everyone agreed he was just a regular guy with no ego at all, but one heck of a racer, at any age.
Post a Comment