Friday, September 19, 2008

Stream of Barely Consciousness...Uhmmm... Was that a CANNON????


SCORE!!!!!!


It was a pretty fun day here in Oregon for me.. weird but okay.

It started out as usual where I go to bed and everyone is where they are supposed to be.... Bill in our bed and Spencer in his bed in his room and the dog on the floor. I wake up every morning with ALLL of them - Bill Dog Spencer - i.n my bed and there is just NO ROOM AT ALL... also it does not help that we now have a QUEEN bed instead of a KING.... so this AM I just gave up and hit the livingroom couch. I have been getting up at like 5 & 6 all this week for no reason so I was beat.

I slept on the couch for a bit. When Bill woke up and came downstairs he asked me if the dishes in the dishwasher were clean. I must have been asleep and I told him yes. He started putting them away and got about half way when he realized they had not been washed. Then I really woke up.

We both located AND fixed Spencer's Super Duper Superman bike today and he rode it around ALLLLL day long. He did really well except for that he kept putting his bike helmet on backwards. He was so tired tonight he almost fell asleep in his Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets.

Bill got a call from SOMEONE related to Bill Cosby (?) or Bing Crosby or David Crosby or Kathie Lee Gifford I have no freaking idea some guy who wants a guitar. In fact two guys in famous bands no one has ever heard of ordered guitars today, I think, which is pretty good but I had of course never heard of them BUT the deal is that Bill MISSED DINNER.

Spencer and I were on our own and he was all in a hurry to get back on his bike SO I did frozen nuggets for him, and I just had leftovers of the Chicken Paprikash that I THOUGHT Bill liked because I watched him eat it at his mom's house not a month ago and thus made a ton of it yesterday, only to find that he does not really like it... ARRRRGH I got the recipe from his mom and everything. I thought it was awesome. I DO like it and I made a ton of it and it was great so but we had a lot leftover so I was eating that for dinner with corn. And get this....I went on the porch for something for ONE SEC and I come back and AMY THE DOG has eaten my DINNER!!!!!!

This happened AFTER she ate Spencer's and his friend Austin's lunch this afternoon but I think they fed it to her. They were hungry and I gave them both lunch on the front porch. I made them both a sandwich, Caramel Milk and those little 100 Calorie cookie packs. They hate the cookies, left the milk and fed the sandwiches to the dog. They thought I did not see it. The kids like to give her treats but I limit them because I don't want her to end up like old Riley... I am pretty sure PB & J is ok for a dog. All the kids in our neighborhood LOVE Amy the dog and she runs around with them all day long..Seriously I mean she follows Spencer EVERYWHERE, but other kids come by and ask to take her for walks or just hang out with her. At first we were worried because she kept escaping form the back yard but everyone likes her so much its okay.

The storage units have about 1 or 2 more vanloads of little stuff and they will be empty. The bad news is that all that crap is now in the house and I am getting a bit overwhelmed. Every time I turn around in the kitchen or someplace there is something wrapped in bubble wrap or a box that I am supposed to take care of or put somewhere. IT needs to be finished so that A we can empty the units and not have to pay another month but also B so that Bill can get all the stuff in here and get back to work. He is behind on a lot of projects.

ALso the plumbers came today to do the rest of the shower stuff... I guess they were waiting on some fixtures. Another guy is coming Monday to drill a hole in the granite near the sink for the Instant Hot thing. That is a thing you put on your sink that when you pull a lever give you instant boiling hot water. I like it for tea. We had one before here. In fact, there was a hole for it, but the plumbers put in this "air switch" for the disposer and now they need to drill another hole now for the INSTANT HOT which I keep calling the 'Hot SInk" and i have no idea why. Builder Nick is putting on the storm door next week. We had one of those before and I like how the house LOOKS without it, but honestly I like having a storm door that is one of those allll the way down glass one with no screen because I can see all the kids out the door while they are playing but I do not have to lose AIr Conditioning to do it. In our neighborhood we all trade off watching each other's kids for short perioids or afternoons or whatver while a mom runs to pick up another kid or ck on dinner or a Dad runs to the store for some forgotten ingredient or whatever. So, I need to see out the front door most of the time, but I don't want the flies in or the AC out.

There are a few backordered light fixtures still we are waiting for but that is about it. The house is almost totally done.

I was freezing cold ALL day today, and I am hoarse from yelling at the dog and sitting outside watching the kids all day but it is still good to be home. Tonight are you ready for this? we are all sitting around outside, and alll the kids are out all over the place on bikes and scooters, running with the dog and all of us moms and dads are talking and suddenly a CANNON goes off. HUH???? Turns out that most Friday Nights in Canby during the football season there is a home game at the high school. They HONESTLY SHOOT A CANNON when Canby scores. FOur years ago if I'd heard that thing go off like every 20 minutes I would have wondered why we had ever bought a house in this wackadoodle town. Tonight, however.... "SCORE!!!!!!!!!"

You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps. AND its WAY better than a goat farm.

2 comments:

Ginger Hunter said...

PB&Js are probably ok for Amy, I agree. I have heard chocolate and onions are bad for dogs, but my hippie vet said nothing is bad for dogs in moderation, but I still won't let my shih tzus have any people food that my cats wouldn't eat. (Because cats are smarter).

Is your Chicken recipe a family secret? If not, please share! It sounds good... We have secret family recipes, which my mom won't even share with our family. I "Weight Watchered" her Thanksgiving stuffing recipe and I do not think that she has forgiven me yet...

tydwbleach said...

HAHAHAHA Yeah I can post that Recipe!!! For Sure or you can send me your email to tydwbleach@aol.com

Its this recipe from my Mother in law and its from this cookbook that Bill gave her a long time ago called JAZZ COOKS. its all these famous musicians, and they had their moms or themselves tell stories abotu the food and this was in there.. its Chickien Paprikash.

I also have a really great recipe for Banana Bread. I ll put em both up.

Ive missed you, GInger!!!!